Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

BEDA 21: Oh no, Cece's an angry feminist.

Whoa. New blogger. I...do not like this. Sigh. I'll get used to it.

Do you know what else I don't like? Misogyny. Recently every other thing I see shared on my facebook feed from guys I know is one of those "funny" pictures about women. I don't know if it's been like this for long and I just started noticing, but I have been noticing A LOT lately. Like, way too much. I've been trying to fight back on their posts, but there's really only so much I can do. I've retorted, "Wow. Fuck you." Then, like a dumbass dick, he'll just be all, "Whatd i do?" Other, much more civil times, I've tried to actual discuss the gross statements being made only to have guys shut me down with a, "If we're going to talk about equality, I won't be apart of the conversation." Um, what? I was under the impression you were actually an educated, intelligent at least kind of awesome person. I'm sorry I was mistaken. And so I delete people. Yet more and more posts show up. Pictures about "sluts" and "woman logic" and I just. don't. understand. it. How do all of these guys think they're so fucking great? What makes them believe they're such wonderful "nice guys"?! Fucking shit goddamn. How are these guys supposed to be my friends when they un-ironically use the term "friend zone" and call girls who like to have sex "whores"? What if I had a shitton of sex? I know for a fact they would judge me like crazy and call me a slut. That is not ok.

After one too many today*, I made the mistake no woman should make. I googled "woman logic." Now I'm pissed off. Pages and pages and pages of degrading generalities.

One page in particular, is incredibly long and full of bullshit subheadings like: "Understanding Female Logic- Chapter 1", "laws women live by", "an analysis for men". The last going on for an entire page!

Excerpt from "An analysis for Men ........"[sic]:
There are several other questions for which "no" is the only answer, and several more that call for an emphatic and unqualified yes. In all of these cases, elaboration, justification or any attempt to be funny is unlikely to pay off.
Consult this handy chart:
JUST SAY NO 

Is there someone else? 
Do you still fantasise about her? 
Are you tired of me?


JUST SAY YES 

Do you still love me? 
Do you ever fantasise about me? 
Do you like my hair this way?



Because simply being honest is impossible with the female race. If  you're a really nice guy, lie to the woman you're supposed to love. What a freaking great idea.

My absolute favourite part was the beginning when they listed the translations from "woman language" to "men speak". With gems such as, "I heard a noise" means: I noticed you were almost asleep, and 
"Do you love me?" means, I'm going to ask for something expensive. Yup. Totally. Spot on. 

I understand that it can be fun to make jokes about people...but this isn't funny. This is stereotypical sexism. If this is funny to you, you're an idiot. I'm sorry I'm not sorry.

...And I just realized I've been listening to "No Diggity" while writing this. I like the beat. But, you know, it's about "playettes" so, I guess that's pro-women's sexuality?

*A picture of a smiling woman with the words, "I like really nice, sweet guys who compliment me and actually mean what they say, and make me feel like an amazing person. Better go date an asshole."

No comments:

Post a Comment