Pages

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Today was a beautiful, amazing, spectacular day. (No, that's not sarcasm you detect.)

You know why? Oh, come on, you know why! The new Harry Potter trailer came out!!! Harry Potter and it's fandom just puts me in such a good mood, there are no words. Well, I guess there are some.

My day was genuinely good, but the real excitement kicked in around 5 in the evening when I paused the movie I was watching (Suburban Girl with Sarah Michelle Gellar and Alec Baldwin. It was OK...it's still on pause) to watch a video someone posted on Tumblr. It was one of those overall Harry Potter videos set to a sad, completely fitting song that makes you want to cry. And, oh boy, did I cry. I was balling my eyes out by 20 seconds into the video and continued to do so in my bed even after the 4 and a half minutes were up. It was such a beautiful video, and I haven't really cried in a long time, and I love Harry Potter so much...I just couldn't help myself. My mom calls up to make sure i'm OK and I explain that i'm just being emotional over HP again and i'll probably be down again in an hour.

Wrong. I didn't go back downstairs for another two hours when my laptop was practically screaming for it's charger and I was literally screaming about everything else. It was after that moment I talked to my mom, while I was casually scrolling through my dashboard, when I say the words "OMFG THAT TRAILER" above a bunch of Harry Potter gifs i'd never seen before...

Now, I'm not good at math by any means, but I can definitely add two and two together and know that the answer means it's time to flip a shit. (FOR POSSIBLY ONE OF THE LAST TIMES OMG I'M STILL NOT OK ASKHFDSJKHGFDJKH.) I searched and flailed until I found it and said flailing couldn't be stopped until maybe 10 minutes ago. It was originally in French, but I couldn't've cared less, though of course brilliant people have now found and released the English version as well.

I don't know how many times i've watched it tonight, but...I just can't get over this whole fandom. I'm always in love with Harry Potter and everyone who loves it/him, but there are these times when I just get these happy butterflies in my chest and I just know they're your fault, you bitches. <3

I'm gonna go finish writing in the margins of my vocabulary book how each of the words relate to HP in an exercise to help memorize them and hopefully get a few more laughs out of myself.

Yay it's almost May! I'm excited for so many reasons!

2 comments:

  1. it's so amazing. i'm in love with it already. harry potter is the greatest thing in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see the trailer yet!! Heading over to Youtube now!!
    Great blog!! You're a great writer!! I'm following you now!!
    --- Jen

    ReplyDelete