Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Lazy May-zy

I was sitting here, watching The Hills, with the open Blogger tab glaring into my peripherals. I glanced at it and could barely stare it in the face. An overwhelming feeling of I can't do this washed over me for a full minute before I realized just how stupid that thought is. It's blogging. Of course I can do this. Why I feel the need to put paralyzing pressure on myself in every single thing I do, I don't know, but that shit needs to stop. I have five drafts right now, started and worked on just in the past eight days. This is BLOGGING; I've done this so much, why am I having such a difficult time this week? I legitimately have a lot to talk about, like the situation in Cleveland right now, with the news of the three missing girls found; I finished my college finals today (!!!); I literally just got a job tonight(!!!!); I've got less than two weeks left of high school; lastly, and most importantly, I met Anderson Cooper.* I've really got a lot going on at the moment.** Still, it's been hard for me to find the words to discuss any of this. This is me pushing through it---or I guess, rather, around it seeing as this isn't exactly a post discussing any of these topics specifically but instead an overview of everything. Lazy lazy lazy. What can I say?...That's exactly what I'm trying to figure out.

It's been 8 days since I last blogged. It feels like so much longer, and yet, 8 days still feels like a lot. Can anyone believe it's already May 8th????! I can't. Happy May, everybody!

*So I didn't get to talk to him or get a picture I saw him and he saw me and we acknowledged each other and I got to personally watch him do news live and it was great
**Especially since I just found this amazing website where I'll have to force myself away from once I have paychecks: http://wwtaylorw.com/

Days left of high school: 10

No comments:

Post a Comment