Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

2014: The Year of Freaking Positivity

I AM LOVING ALL OF THE POSITIVITY I SEE LATELY!

I hope it's not just the corner of the internet I hang out in, because there is so much love and acceptance and self-acceptance and that should be shared in by all.

Self-image videos, encouraging posts on tumblr, loving tweets, the week of self-image love on instagram; It's a selfie celebration, out there. These are such great ways to be using this enormous resource we have to connect to each other. I know it may seem small, but it can be important. My friend Alexa has always been a big supporter of the Kindness Campaign, spreading the message that being kind matters because it makes you feel better, it makes another persons life better, and a wave of positivity has to start at the micro level to get bigger and spread out. The smallest things in life can have the biggest impact.

I don't care how stupid or cliche it may sound, I would love, love, love to see more selfies throughout 2014. Life would be so much better if we all loved each other more, or at least accepted each other. Life would be infinitely better if I loved myself more, if we could all love and accept ourselves.

I know that it isn't that simple. There are a lot of disorders and illnesses that can prevent one from being able to truly see oneself properly, I'm not trying to downplay the seriousness of that. But everyone is worthy of love, and so if we could love each other as well as ourselves, wouldn't that make a difference? Just simple compliments, support, encouragement.

Let's talk about it! Conversation is key to making change, we have to keep discussion going. What is one thing you can do to love/accept yourself more?

Whatever is happening, it is such a good thing. Let's keep rockin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment